Tempur Sealy Suomi OY website privacy and cookie notice
Last updated in May 2018.
What does this notice cover?
This privacy statement describes how Tempur Sealy Suomi OY (also referred to as “Tempur Sealy” or “we”) uses your information when you use our products, services and websites.
It also describes your privacy rights, including the right to object to processing by Tempur Sealy. For more information about your rights and how to exercise them, see “What Rights Do I Have?”.
We may also provide you with additional information when we collect your personal information if we believe that providing relevant and up-to-date information is helpful.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal information about you when you interact with us and our websites, and when you search for or use any of our products or services. The information includes:
- Name, age, date of birth and sex.
- Contact information such as billing and shipping address, email address, and phone number.
- Username and password.
- Banking information, including bank or credit card information, order codes, account number, as well as payment transaction information, including the products you purchase or when you apply for any of the financing we offer.
- Personal preferences, such as information about the household and purchasing decisions.
- Information about communicating with us.
- Marketing preferences, including your consents to us.
- Product reviews or opinions and other content you send us.
- Location information we get based on your location, such as the address where your computer connects to the Internet or the store where you buy something with your card.
- Information related to the browser or device on which you access the Website.
- Website settings information.
The law and other regulations treat certain types of personal information as a special category. We collect and use such information only when permitted by law. Examples of special categories of information we process: health information we ask of you (if you purchase products from us for which health information is relevant, such as back pain products) and information about criminal convictions and crimes (if we need to investigate you for background checks on our services or staffing).
How do we use this information and what are the legal grounds for its use?
We use the above personal information and the information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- Execution of the contract or performance of measures related to the contract. This is relevant if you are looking for a financial product or service. The information includes:
- Receiving and processing payments.
- Communicating with you and providing customer service.
- Arranging deliveries or other products, services or awards.
- Loyalty program management.
- Managing our relationship.
- Fulfillment of guarantees.
- When necessary in accordance with the legitimate interests of Tempur Sealy as set out below, and when data protection rights do not override our interests:
- Providing the products or services you request and responding to comments and complaints you submit. We may process information about your dependents, family and partner (information you provide to us).
- Facilitate the creation and security of online registered accounts.
- Advertising our services to customers and potential customers, providing advice on news and updates, and organizing and managing events.
- Tracking the use of our websites and online services and using your information to monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites both online and offline.
- Identifying a website, products or services for you.
- Investigate complaints you or others receive about our services, products, or websites.
- Conducting our business in an efficient and appropriate manner. This includes financial position management, business expertise, planning, communications, corporate governance and audits.
- Monitoring customer accounts to detect, prevent, investigate and / or report fraud, terrorism, fraud, security breaches or crime in accordance with applicable law.
- Managing activities with other companies that provide services to us and our customers.
- In the context of legal requirements and for compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes.
- Recordings of calls when you call our call center (we will notify you whenever a call is recorded).
- Applications you give us when you apply for a job, or information we receive from referrals or previous employers.
- We appreciate your help in improving the quality of our products and services
- When you give us your consent:
- We will send you direct marketing related to our products or services via email and / or text message.
- In other cases, when we ask for your consent, we will use the information for the purpose explained in that context.
- For the purposes required by law:
- Carrying out inspections of customers, potential customers and third parties to comply with legal, regulatory and professional obligations.
- In response to requests from investigating or law enforcement authorities.
We have performed balancing tests on the basis of our legitimate interests in all of the data processing we perform, as described above. You can get information from any of our balancing tests by contacting us using the contact information below.
We will not be able to provide the products or other services requested unless we have been provided with all relevant personal information. Providing certain information, such as information you provide so that we can send you marketing communications, is optional.
Automated decision making
By performing some of the above, we rely on technology that automatically makes decisions based on criteria we define to be relevant, as well as information we collect from you or specific payment transactions. These include credit and fraud checks. We routinely test our software to improve the accuracy of these decisions and to prevent unintended bias. These decisions can have significant implications for you, such as:
- Block access to our services if we determine that there is a high probability that providing the service to you would result in a violation of regulatory requirements.
- Cancellation of payment transactions if we determine that the payment transaction is fraudulent (for example, because the payment is made from a location that does not match the information we have on that end user) or the payer does not have sufficient funds to cover the cost.
- Cancellation of the Service if we determine that your use of our Service is in violation of the Terms. For example, we automatically analyze your payment transactions to determine if any of the actions you performed are on the list of restricted actions.
To whom do we share this information?
Your personal information will be processed and used in jurisdictions outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) by us and third parties with whom we share your personal information.
We share your personal information with other members of the Tempur Sealy Group to manage the Group’s operations, including providing products and services to you.
Your personal information will be transferred to subsidiaries and sellers of the Tempur Sealy Group located in the following countries outside the European Economic Area:
- United States
When we transfer your information within the Tempur Sealy Group, we use an internal company agreement that contains model contract clauses approved by the European Commission. When we transfer your information to organizations outside the Tempur Sealy Group, we will use the standard terms and conditions approved by the European Commission to secure the transfer, unless we transfer personal information to a third party that has implemented binding corporate rules or uses an EU-US Privacy Shield. to secure the transfer.
Your personal information will also be shared with trusted third parties, such as financial or other advisors, consultants and other experts.
We share your personal information with companies that provide services to Tempur Sealy in accordance with the agreements. Such third parties include e.g. order fulfillment service providers, website and IT administration, customer service, maintenance, call center operations, marketing research and analysis, and credit card payment providers.
Your personal information will also be shared with government agencies and / or law enforcement agencies and credit information and anti-fraud agencies if required for the above purposes or if required by law or in accordance with applicable law to legally protect our legitimate interests.
If a company is sold or integrated into another company, the information will be disclosed to our advisors and the advisors of the potential purchaser, and passed on to the new owners of the company.
What rights do I have?
You may have the right to request a copy of your personal information from Tempur Sealy, correct the information, delete or restrict its processing, obtain the personal information you provide in a structured, machine-readable form, and request us to share (transfer) that personal information with other organizations. You may also have the right to object to processing in some cases.
If we have asked for your consent, you may have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you request the withdrawal of your consent to the processing of your personal data by Tempur Sealy, it will not affect the processing that has already taken place at that time. You may also at any time request that we not send or perform profiling for direct marketing purposes.
These rights may be limited if, for example, complying with your request would reveal another person’s personal information, if the rights infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to remove information that we are required to retain or have valid legitimate interests. Relevant exceptions have been included in the GDPR and the 2018 Data Protection Act. We’ll let you know the relevant exceptions we trust to respond to all of your requests.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us as described below.
If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to the EU Data Protection Authority where you live, work or believe that a breach may have taken place.
What are they?
Cookies are small files sent by a web server to a web browser that allow the server to recognize all pages of the browser. We also use other tracking techniques that resemble cookies. These include pixel tags and tracking URLs. All of these techniques are collectively referred to herein as “cookies.”
The cookies we use on our website and their uses are as follows:
- Absolutely necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for you to navigate our website and use its features, such as access to secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, you will not be able to use any of the services offered on our website.
- Analytics / Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how you and other visitors use our site, such as which pages you visit most often and if you receive error messages about the website. We use the information collected by these cookies to test templates and to ensure that your appearance and feel remain consistent when you visit the Website. All information in these cookies is combined. They are only used to improve the performance of the website.
- You can disable Google Analytics by clicking the following link. A opt-out cookie is placed on your computer that prevents you from collecting information when you visit this website in the future:
- Disable Google Analytics
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your username, language or region) and to provide better and more personalized features. These cookies can also be used to remember the changes you have made to the text size, fonts and other editable parts of the website. They can also be used to provide requested services, such as watching or commenting on videos. In addition, these cookies may be used to allow the operation of an optional service, such as providing a real-time chat session. The information collected by these cookies may be anonymized and will not be able to track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies are used to serve ads that are relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit ad impressions and measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns. These cookies are used only with your consent. You can give your consent by either closing the cookie banner on the homepage of our website or by browsing the website outside the cookie banner and clicking on it. Please note that we will monitor your consent with a technical cookie. Therefore, you will see the cookie banner again if you delete the cookies stored on your device. They are usually placed on ad networks with the permission of the website administrator. They will remember that you have visited the website. This information is shared with other organizations, such as advertisers.
- Cookies used by social media: These cookies allow you to share what you do on our site on social media, such as Facebook and Twitter. We do not control these cookies. See the corresponding privacy policies for cookie functionality.
- Pixel Tags: Also known as a clear GIF or trace. These are invisible tags that are placed on specific pages of the website, but not on the computer. When you use these pages, the pixel tags generate a general notification of that visit. They usually work in conjunction with cookies, and record when a particular device visits a particular page. If you disable cookies, the pixel tag will only detect an anonymous website visit.
- Tracking URLs: These determine which referring website will take you to your website.
If you wish to disable all cookies or allow only some of them, please update your cookie settings via the link “COOKIE POLICIES” at the bottom of our website. You can also update your cookie settings through your web browser. Please note that by disabling cookies, some services on our website may not be available to you.
How long do you keep my data?
When we process account registration information, we retain it for as long as your account is active or you are an active user of our sites, and for no longer than six years thereafter.
When we process personal information in connection with the performance of a contract or a competition or inquiry, we will retain information about your last interaction with us for a period of six years.
When we process personal information for marketing purposes or with your consent, we will process the information until you request that it be terminated and for a short period thereafter (so that we can comply with your request). We also keep a record that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or process your information so that we can comply with your request in the future.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This privacy statement may be updated from time to time. We will update the date at the top of this privacy statement accordingly. In some cases, we may also actively advise on data processing activities or significant changes as required by the law applicable to this privacy statement.
We hope to be able to answer your questions about how we process your information. If you have any concerns about the way we process our data, please contact the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The registrar of your information is Tempur Sealy Suomi OY, registered in Finland with company number F115418995, whose registered office address is Kauppakeskus Tikkuri Asematie 4-10, 01300 Vantaa, Finland.